England v South Africa – 1st Investec Test Match – Lord’s
Play starts 11:00 am
Lord’s, also known as Lord’s Cricket Ground, is located in St John’s Wood, London. Named after its founder, Thomas Lord, it is owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and is the home of Middlesex County Cricket Club. Lord’s is widely referred to as the “Home of Cricket” and is home to the world’s oldest sporting museum.
Lord’s today is not on its original site, being the third of three grounds that Lord established between 1787 and 1814. His first ground, now referred to as Lord’s Old Ground, was where Dorset Square now stands. His second ground, Lord’s Middle Ground, was used from 1811 to 1813 before being abandoned to make way for the construction through its outfield of the Regent’s Canal. The present Lord’s ground is about 250 yards (230 m) north-west of the site of the Middle Ground. The ground can hold 28,000 spectators. Proposals are being developed to increase capacity and amenity. As of December 2013, it was proposed to redevelop the ground at a cost of around £200 million over a 14-year period.
G&T Executive provide an executive chauffeur taxi service to Lord’s Cricket Ground.